- Why Train with Us?
- What to Expect From Our Training Programme?
What to Expect From Our Training Programme?
Our ITT programme includes school led and weekly training sessions, teaching key elements of subject knowledge and pedagogy. The course is underpinned by an evidence based curriculum, delivering all aspects of the ITT Core Content Framework. Trainees will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of theoretical concepts, and go on to practise and apply these within a classroom, developing confidence over time.
Our training sessions are delivered by highly experienced professionals within our partnership schools and beyond, including well renowned experts in their fields. Where possible these are held on a face to face basis on a Wednesday at our selected partnership schools.
The GLF Schools' Teacher Training programme includes:
- A comprehensive Induction programme
- Individual Training Plans to ensure that you develop to your full potential
- A gradual introduction to teaching which builds throughout the year
- Professional Skills Programme
- Subject knowledge support and training
- Close support and guidance from a mentor
- Advice and guidance from a Professional Tutor who is there to support both you and your mentor
- Opportunities to develop supportive and professional relationships with fellow trainees in other schools
- Guidance from skilled educational practioners across our partnership schools
- A second school placement in the Spring term for 6 weeks to provide a contrasting experience
- The opportunity to visit a primary school for secondary trainees and vice versa, thus ensuring that you gain an overall picture of the education system
- A dedicated Teacher Training team who are there to answer any questions and provide support where needed
- Access to Continuous Professional Development within host schools
- Career advice and assistance
- Access to coaching and resilience sessions
- Ongoing support into your Early Career Teacher (ECT) year and beyond
Our aim is to ensure you achieve your potential and are able to progress within the education sector.