Assessment Only Route
‘Assessment Only’ is a fast track route into teaching for primary and secondary candidates.
Candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently working as an unqualified teacher in a UK school;
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience;
- Experience of two different schools (experience in a second school must be for a minimum of 6 weeks);
- Recommended by your current UK head teacher;
- A proven track record of positive pupil outcomes;
- A first degree from a UK higher education institute of 2:2 or above - applicants with a 3rd class degree will be considered if they can demonstrate considerable experience in other areas relevant to their application;
- Grade 4 (or C) or higher in Maths and English GCSE;
- Grade 4 (or C) or higher in a GCSE science subject (for Primary only);
- Successful pass rate in our in house subject knowledge, numeracy and literacy tests.
It is a requirement for teachers working towards QTS to teach in two different schools prior to applying and registering for the Assessment Only Route and evidence of this must be submitted prior to registration.
The Assessment Only route currently costs £2,500. This cost must be funded independently; there are no student loans or bursary options for this route.
Interview days take place at one of our partnership schools. We operate a two stage selection process that may consist of the following tasks: a 5-minute presentation, a 45-minute subject knowledge exercise (based at GCSE level) – Secondary only, a 45-minute lesson planning exercise, a written test, a class based activity and a panel interview. Full interview details will be emailed 1 week before the interview date.
The Assessment Only route takes 12 weeks to complete. During this period successful participants will be completing an Evidence Portfolio in support of the eight Teachers' Standards. At the end of the 12 week programme, candidates will be assessed for their suitability to be awarded Qualified Teacher Status.
How to apply:
The AO route is currently on hold but we we looking to re open it in September 2021. Applicants should register their interest to GLF Schools' Teacher Training by emailing: email@example.com. Applications must be supported by a recommendation from a head teacher. If you are a school and interested in offering the AO route to a member of your staff, please email us directly - firstname.lastname@example.org.