Primary Teacher Training (3-7 & 5-11)
We offer the SCITT Core route for primary trainees. This programme is self funded by the trainee.
What is the cost of the course?
- For primary fee funded trainees, the course fees are £7,000 in total for 'QTS only'.
- If you decide to do the PGCE uplift, it is an extra £2,200 making the total course cost £9,200.
How can I pay the course tuition fees?
Options include –
- Self-finance: you can fund the tuition fees through private finance.
- Tuition fee loan: you can apply to Student Finance England (SFE) for a loan to cover your SCITT course fees. You will need to meet the eligibility requirements for the loan, which are explained on the website https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
- Maintenance loans: You may also be eligible for a maintenance loan to help with your living expenses. These are separate to tuition fee loans and are paid in 3 equal instalments, usually at the beginning of each term. Further information can be found here. Applications are made directly via SFE; maintenance loans are paid directly to the trainee.
- You may also be eligible for additional support via Student Finance.
Currently, there is no government funding to support the salaried primary route for 2023/24 and therefore, we are unable to offer the School Direct route for primary applicants. .